Tijuana vs Monterrey: Xolos, who insisted upfront, could have gained the match with that rejected goal of Martínez. Manotas retrieved a draw, and Tijuana continued winless, and Rayados remained unbeaten.
The first half of the game ends at Xolos 1-2 Rayados. Martinez’s one goal was disallowed after a previous foul, and the score remained 1-2.
Day 7 of Liga MX Opening Tournament 2021 started yesterday on Aug 27. The Rayados del Monterrey came to the Xolos de Tijuana’s Estadio Caliente Stadium in the pleasant weather for this match.
- Rayados’s Edson Gutiérrez had to leave due to injury, and Sergio Villarreal took entry.
- First, a few minutes were interrupted by some fouls.
- Dangered Angulo’s cross to Manotas.
- RAYADOS Goals by Rogelio Funes Mori, Carlos Rodríguez,
- TIJUANA Goals by Vladimir Loroña, Fidel Martínez, Manotas.
- Yellow card for Stefan Medina, Esteban Pávez, Vladimir Loroña, Maxi Meza, Eduardo Tercero
- Rayados: Salen Ponchito González y Daniel Parra; entran Celso Ortiz y Duvan Vergara.
- Rayados: Maxi Meza and Rogelio Funes Mori were out; Joel Campbell and Alfonso Alvarado were in.
- Xolos missed a shot inside the area by Manotas. Maxi Meza’s goal was blocked by Orozco.
- The referee added another 6 minutes to the game, and the game ended at Xolos 2-2 Rayados.
Xolos defender Víctor Guzmán said that in a conference that at home, winning becomes strong and the main objective is to win at all costs.
In the previous 5 games between Xolos and RAYADOS, there is no balance with 2 wins for each team and 1 draw.
Rayados have six matches to avoid a stumble on a voyage to winless Tijuana. 2 wins and 4 draws give them the improvement room, but their unbeaten game still kept them at 5th place with 10 points.