A tiny more than three and a 50 % several years following Voice was massively redesigned, Google commenced telling original customers that the legacy world wide web model would cease getting updates and inspired them to migrate above. Legacy Google Voice is now established to be “phased out” from next thirty day period.
You are acquiring this email for the reason that you have a consumer (personalized) Google Voice account and are 1 of the few remaining end users making use of a legacy web characteristic that may possibly be impacted as we comprehensive the migration of all Voice customers to the fashionable knowledge (which released in 2017).
This modify does not utilize to spending Google Voice for Workspace users and comes as the firm states, in a notification e mail to users, that it has used the final couple decades migrating in excess of “key functions from the legacy world-wide-web model.” Even so, in the e-mail, Google highlighted 7 “features that will not have more than to the new experience” at voice.google.com or on the cellular application (though the final characteristic is just a tweak):
- Do Not Disturb Timer
- Ring Scheduling
- Settings for Provider Simply call Forwarding: Provider Contact Forwarding will no more time have a environment. It will however be achievable to forward phone calls from yet another carrier to your Google Voice range, nonetheless, all provider forwarded phone calls from your linked variety will go instantly to voicemail.
- Call Notes: Get in touch with Notes had been taken off from the legacy net edition in 2020 and will be deleted and no longer accessible by way of Account Takeout immediately after March 31st, 2022. If you want to maintain the notes you have, you need to obtain your info before March 31st 2022. To learn a lot more, read Eliminate notes from Legacy Voice.
- Voicemail-only accounts: End users with Voicemail-only accounts will need to have to update to a Total numbered Voice account and update your carrier forwarding to use your new Google Voice range. To discover a lot more, read Update from legacy Google Voice (voicemail only).
- Paying for contacting credits in non-USD currencies: Because customer (personalized) Google Voice is only accessible to U.S. people, by the summer of 2022 all non-USD credit balances will be instantly converted to USD when their account balance goes underneath .50 in your present-day non-USD forex. It will only be feasible to obtain new credits in USD and auto-recharging in non-USD will be disabled. To master a lot more, examine Buy credit history to make phone calls.
- On top of that, Connect with-to-Listen Voicemail Obtain, when turned on will call for pressing “*” as soon as your Voicemail recording starts actively playing. This will set off the audio prompt that asks for your voicemail PIN which must be entered in get to pay attention to your voicemails.
Legacy users are taking individual issue with the removal of Provider Get in touch with Forwarding. The feature will carry on to “forward phone calls from yet another carrier to your Google Voice variety.” Nonetheless, “all provider forwarded calls from your joined range will go directly to voicemail.”
Google as an alternative points to the new Custom made get in touch with forwarding update from previous thirty day period. It provides that these adjustments are meant to “simplify the solution by eliminating rarely-made use of attributes and let our teams to concentration on providing the greatest products knowledge.”
Legacy Google Voice is shutting down starting mid-February 2022.
Many thanks Yitz
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate inbound links. Far more.
Look at out 9to5Google on YouTube for far more news: